Welcome to our site
and thanks for your interest in our family friendly church. We are a community of people who want to learn more about being a disciple of Jesus and who seek to serve our local community. We’d love you to come and meet us, and we are always pleased to see visitors at our main worship service which is held at 10.30am each Sunday. Our minister, Rev Mark Roberts is here quite frequently, and some services are led by other local ministers or local preachers.
We aim to
- Offer unconditional welcome, love and acceptance to all
- Actively include and support a wide a range of people in the life and leadership of the church
- Be a place where it’s safe to be yourself and share joys, struggles, doubts, weakness and successes
- Encourage the exploration, nurturing and growth of Christian faith
- Know the power of a rich spiritual life of prayer and worship
- Show care for each other, for our communities and for the wider world
- Encourage small group fellowship and whole church celebrations
- Find a variety of appropriate ways to talk about Jesus to those around us
- Find ways for our work to be out in our communities as well as in the church building
- Encourage people to live out their discipleship in their everyday lives, wherever this may be
Our presence in West Bridgford
dates from 1888 when our church hall was first built, and we have worshipped in the church building since 1900. The meetings rooms, built 1923, together with the church and hall were fully modernised in the year 2000, equipping us with fine premises for service to the community into the 21st Century.
Please join the generations of people who have faithfully worshipped God in this place. Whatever your age, and no matter if it’s your first time in church or you’ve been coming for years, you will be welcome. Please make yourself known to one of the friendly stewards at the door when you arrive and we’ll do our very best to make you feel comfortable.
Details of our Worship and Events
are contained in our monthly newsletter, At a Glance and there is further information in our ‘Nottingham South Circuit News’ which also contains information about neighbouring Methodist churches. Here you can find who is preaching at West Bridgford and other churches in the Methodist Circuit. You may also be interested to read our church magazine, Voice.
The Methodist Conference 2019
A report for local churches covering the business of the Methodist Conference 2019 is now available online. You can download a PDF here.